Monday, October 19, 2009

Thoughts of a 2 Year Old

With Christmas just around the corner, we've started preparing Evan for the concept of Santa Claus, Christmas trees, and presents. He was still so young last year, he was pretty overwhelmed by it all and probably doesn't remember too much of it (although who knows since I can't believe certain things he remembers!). Last weekend we were at the rehearsal dinner for my sister in law's wedding, which I'll post pics of ASAP, and Evan saw a man sitting at the bar with a heavy white beard. He said, "Look, Santa!" Luckily the guy had a sense of humor and went along with it.

Along those same lines, the past few nights at bedtime Evan has told us, "Wake up tomorrow and see snow. Santa come. Presents under the tree." It's going to be a long 2 1/2 months until Christmas gets here!

My dad has been watching Evan the past week or so since my sitter has been out of town. Today when I got home I asked Evan if he went to the park with Pappou and replied with, "Yes I did, mom."

Our friends, Carrie and Steve, were visiting this weekend. Evan was playing with his Chicago Cubs bat and ball and Steve said something to Evan about needing a White Sox one. Evan looked down at his socks thinking he was talking about white socks.

And a few things I've already posted on my Facebook page:

As I was getting Evan ready for his nap one day, he was dancing around. I asked him if he needed to go the bathroom and he said, "No mom, I'm just dancing."

Evan was upset one morning because I wouldn't let him have potato chips. I was ignoring his whining since he wasn't acting all that bad. A few minutes later he came up to me, gave me a kiss, and said "I won't do that again, mom."

Brett and Evan playing together this past weekend

Evan was very proud of his attempt to write his name.


No comments: