Thursday, March 5, 2009

Evan Do It!

Evan wants to do everything by himself. His favorite new phrase is, "Evan do it." He will repeat it endlessly until you let him do whatever it is that he wants to do...open a door, find something to eat, unwrap a Hershey's Kiss (he eats 1 every night after dinner), change DVDs, brush his teeth, etc, etc, etc. Sometimes he really can be helpful. He unloads silverware from the dishwasher and puts it in the drawer. But, other times it is far from convenient. Currently he is insisting on turning on my digital camera, and he is not happy that I am telling him no. He really surprises me though by how much he can do on his own!
Using my Swiffer duster to clean the family room
He even moved the picture frames to dust underneath them.
Drinking from a juice box - he was so proud of himself!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

So cute! Send him over to my house... I need to get it ready to put on the market! :)

Anonymous said...

Annalise is the same way. She often makes a bigger mess, but I don't care. I am afraid that if I correct her, I'll accidentally train her to hate chores.