Sunday, October 26, 2008

Blast from the Past

Friday night Carrie and I re-lived our childhood and went to the New Kids on the Block concert here in Chicago. We were both HUGE fans when we were younger and never had the chance to go to a concert back then, so when we heard they were getting back together and going on tour, we HAD to go. Since Rick had plans with one of his friends, I dropped Evan off at my parents' house Friday afternoon for his first sleepover there. (I am very thankful to say he did great there!) Then I drove up to Steve's parents' house to pick up Carrie, while Steve and Brett were able to stay there and visit with their family and friends. We then made our way up to Rosemont for the concert. When we made our way into Allstate Arena, we noticed that many of the people there had found their old New Kids shirts, buttons, and other paraphernalia and were proudly displaying them. Other people went all out and crimped their hair and wore neon, plastic jewelry. We felt like we were back in 6th grade! Needless to say, the concert was AMAZING! They sang all their old popular tunes and mixed in a few of their new songs. By the end of the night my voice was hoarse from screaming so loudly, and my ears were ringing from listening to the thousands of other 30 something year olds screaming along with me! After the concert we headed back to our house, picking up Steve and Brett along the way.
Carrie and I waiting for the concert to begin

My first love, Joey McIntyre

The next morning after I picked up Evan, we all went to breakfast then spent some time together before they had to head back to Indy. Right before they were going to leave, we put Brett (who is now 6 months old!) and Evan on a chair to take some pictures of them together. They kept looking at each other and smiling! Then they started having a little conversation between them. After a little while, we took Brett off the chair. Evan moved himself to the other side of the chair, then kept pointing to the empty place next to him and said "Baby." We sat Brett down next to him again and they started another conversation. It was SO cute! Looks like they're becoming buddies pretty quickly.
Our handsome boys

"Look Evan, I have a foot!""I have a foot too!"


Here is the link to a video of them talking to each other. I had trouble posting the actual video on here, so you'll have to follow the link to YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFcFBgxzsMs

No comments: