Thursday, May 7, 2009

Snow in May?

Directly next to our driveway we have a large tree that blooms white flowers every spring. It does look really pretty, but after that I hate the tree. The flowers fall down quickly and are a nightmare to deal with. They end up everywhere - on our cars, in the garage, dragged into the house on our shoes - you get the picture. Recently our tree bloomed as it always does, and then last night we had quite a bit of rain and wind which of course knocked the flowers off the tree. When we opened the front door this morning, Evan looked out and said, "Look, snow!" I wish I had taken a picture because the ground surrounding the tree was covered in white.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Sounds like a flowering pear tree, I had a friend remind me when the pear trees were flowering in our neighborhood a couple weeks ago, because I flipped out thinking it was snowing too....and I'm not 2 and should know better.