Sunday, August 17, 2008

More Summer Adventures

Last week Evan and I were very busy. I go back to work in a week, so I'm trying to spend as much time as possible with him (while also trying to get my classroom ready for the school year). On Wednesday I met up with my friend, Toni, and her two boys, Chase and Cole, at a children's museum in Oak Lawn. Toni is going to be watching Evan this year while I'm working, so we've been trying to get the boys together so Evan doesn't have a complete breakdown when I leave him at her house. We've never left him with anyone except family members. So anyways, the children's museum was really nice. It was just a large room with different activity areas - grocery store, water play, blocks, trucks, etc. The boys had a really nice time, and it's definitely somewhere to visit again on a rainy day.

Cole and Evan in the infant area

Evan watching Chase go through the tunnel

Evan LOVES playing with phones

and Cole does too!

Trying to get a picture with all 3 boys

On Friday we went to Brookfield Zoo with my friend, Missy, and her neighbor and cousin's family. This was our second trip to the zoo this summer, and Evan was much more intersted in the animals than our visit last summer. Brookfield Zoo is huge, so we were only able to see a few areas on this past visit.
Really, Evan was much happier to see the elephants than how he looks in this picture.

Evan really liked watching the rhinos - I think because they're so big and you're able to get fairly close to them.

Evan & Missy getting close to the stingrays.

Evan in the children's petting zoo. He loved watching the goats, but unfortunately I didn't get any pictures.

No comments: