Friday, September 19, 2008

No Soup for You?!

This past week I had a taste for Avgolemono Soup (Greek egg lemon soup), which basically consists of broth, rice, lemon, and some frothy egg (and I added some carrots we needed to use up). We've never really given Evan soup before since he insists on feeding himself, but I thought I would be adventurous since he's gotten pretty good at using a spoon. I fed him the first spoonful, and he didn't really react one way or another to it. Then he tried feeding himself and did manage to get some in his mouth. Eventually he gave up the spoon and tried feeding himself by hand. He took one big bite and pushed the bowl away. He refused to eat any more, even after much encouragement. I hope he learns to like it soon, as it is a very simple meal and I LOVE it! At least he liked the peanut butter and jelly sandwich I then made for him.
Getting his first look
Trying to feed himself
Mmmm, PB&J!

No comments: