Saturday, January 31, 2009

Sweet Dreams

While I was pregnant with Evan, I started singing the Dixie Chicks' song Sweet Dreams to him. Once he was born I continued singing it to him almost every night before I put him down to bed. When he was an infant, he would just go with it and did not seem to react. But as he started getting a little older, he would smile when I started singing it and sometimes say "again" when I was done singing. There are some nights where he doesn't want to hear it, and that's OK. There are days where I am not in the mood to hear certain songs. In the past week or two, though, he has started trying to sing along with me. It is the sweetest thing hearing his little voice saying some of the words with me.

Here is the video of the Dixie Chicks (well, just Natalie) singing the song at one of their concerts. I actually went to that concert here in Chicago. It was the first time I had ever heard the song and immediately fell in love with it.


1 comment:

Cathy said...

I think that if Chris joined me in singing lullaby, I wouldn't be able to make it through dry-eyed. That's a good song, though just listening to it got me teary, I don't think I could sing it too.