Friday, April 10, 2009

Like Mommy, Like Son

In previous posts I have talked about Evan's extra wide feet and how difficult it is to find shoes that are reasonably priced. Last summer I lucked out and found a cheap pair of Crocs at KMart that actually fit Evan, so I decided to try it again for this year. I was at Target the other night and found a pair for him. They were also selling the character decorations that go in the holes in the Crocs, so I thought I'd splurge and bought him a pair from the movie Cars (his new movie obsession). Once I got home I wanted to try the shoes on Evan to make sure they fit. He usually hates trying things on for me, but he could not wait to put his new blue Crocs on. As soon as we put them on he had a big smile on his face. And I was happy too because they did fit! When we went to put the Cars decorations on he did not want them at first, but then he kept pointing and saying "Lightening McQueen," which is the character's name. For the rest of the evening he refused to take the shoes off and threw a fit at bedtime when he had to take them off. The next morning the first thing he said to me was, "Shoes on" and insisted on wearing them that day. I guess he's taking after me and my shoe obsession!


Cool!

Lately Evan has also enjoyed wearing my shoes around the house.
Here he is modeling my slippers,

and these are my brown slip-ons.

No comments: