Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Making Connections

Evan has really surprised us lately with all the connections he's making. Last Friday my dad was watching Evan, and they had the movie Evan Almighty playing in the background. If you're unfamiliar with the movie, it's basically a modern version of the story of Noah's Ark. There are several times in the movie where they say the word "God" and at one point Evan started telling my dad "church" and "yiayia and papou" (who we always see at church). I was astounded that he knew to connect the word God with the concept of church. Especially since half our church service is in Greek, so he would rarely even hear "God" while we're there.

Last night when I was putting Evan to bed we were sitting on the rocking chair together. We were playing a game of lights off and on, which was just covering and uncovering his eyes. Then he started talking about a light in the mouth, which I had no clue what he was talking about until he said "doctor". I said to Evan, "Oh, the doctor uses a light to look in your mouth," and he said "yeah." It's been about 2 months since he's been to the doctor, so I have no idea how he remembers that!

No comments: